Monday, November 29, 2010

PUNKED

On Getting Punked.                             11:12 AM 11/29/2010

I just got Punked, by my next door neighbor's husband.

Well like duhh,  I shouldn't be shocked.  I already knew that he didn't exactly approve of me,
and really didn't like me all that much.  That's okay, (or has been) on account of the fact that we both
care about his wife, my neighbor, my Buddy, Sue.
I guess what suprises me the most,  is my near instantaneous reaction to being Punked!

I am quite on edge lately..  and feeling pretty emotional in the midst of some genuine depression.
Still?  My reaction scared me a bit, for it leaped nearly instantly into
Not just shocked or suprised.
Not just defensive.
Instead?  It was RAGE.

There's nothing Emileyed about this feeling of Postal..  and     I've ALWAYS been the sort of
'aw shucks' kind of polite, negotiating, apologetic and humble type to him.

I just wanted to Bitch Slap him really hard,  either verbally or physically.  So badly that I locked up,
quivering as the heat rose into my face and my hands itched.

Here's how it went down,  with some dregs of backstory as I deem fit to explain my relationship with these neighbors.

Good Buddy Sue called me this morning to ask for my help, and to share something that she's been concerned over in order to help me.  (She loves me, and is worried about me freezing to death)
 She'd been into a Project at her own house, covering the windows on the inside with heat shrunk plastic wrap,  and all by herself she'd decided to buy
enough plastic to do my little house also.

Her call this am was to share that with me, and ask if I could help her do some more on her own windows,
since her hubs was unwilling to do so today.  (He's got his own Projects going on, and those Projects are
usually beneficial to the both of them.)  That was Cool-  I'm good with that!
(I'm a little 'wierd' with actually doing my own, but it was awesome that she'd thought of me!)

So I bundled up and walked next door. (For those of you reading who don't live Rural, walking 'next door' takes a few minutes:  it's several hundred yards. Uphill.) It's freezing cold and quite windy outside, and I'd prefer to huddle inside with my measly
sweats and the Internet but hey-  my neighbor asked for my help.
I waved to him-the-hubs as I passed the backyard where he was mowing, and went inside, greeting Sue.  She and I moved a little furniture in her living room so she could reach
the window she wanted to plasticize, and we both studied the best way to remove the blinds on that window.

When the lawnmower shut off right about then, she asked me to holler up her hubs, since he knew how they were
attached, so I did.  He came in,  pulled the blind down, and turned to me and said
"I was REALLY mad at you last night!"  I said "uh,  how come?" while rapidly reviewing if something had
happened (dogs barking, cat fights, loose horses etc) that could have annoyed him-  I couldn't think of anything.

He huffed, he visibly swelled in anger, and proceded to yell about how STUPID I was, exercising my horses
before their feeding time late yesterday afternoon. He accused me of Horse Abuse, causing them to get all lathered and
sweaty when it was only 30 degrees outside.
I made 2 efforts to explain to him that I NEVER exercise them to the point that they'd sweat,
but he was not to be interrupted.  He shook his finger in my face and told me that in his opinion..
I was just wrong.  I said 'uh, uhh.." and he stomped back outside.

For the next few minutes, Sue and I awkwardly tried to pretend that just hadn't happened,  meanwhile,
I got madder and madder.  She suggested I just ignore him,  much as she does.
I found myself unable to do that, and worse-  wanting to turn my conflicted feelings back towards my Buddy!
I didn't want to yell at her,  or even really admit just how bad he pissed me off!
So I did what I think is the smart thing:  Blow off my Buddy's need for help, and get the hell out of her house.
BEFORE I started talking about it with her, and before I walked outside to confront her hubs.

I'm left feeling Punked.
Worse?  I let my Buddy down, and left her in an uncomfortable situation where she's going to have to explain
why I left.  Knowing my Buddy as I do, I can easily imagine having set those two into a big ass fight with each other!
Sue: Defending me.  Hubs:  Saying 'Good Riddence'.
They already have enough problems dealing with each other-  I would never wish to be a catalyst !

So I'm left feeling Punked.  By a man I have very little respect for.
I don't like being this uncomfortable,  yet..  to confront that man with my own genuine feelings about
his idiocy?  Would only make things more difficult for my Buddy, his wife.

I actually DO understand about 98% of his uneasiness with me-  it's the fact he fears I will influence
his wife.  In ways he doesn't care for her to be influenced in.  Like any thoughts or behaviors on her part
that don't require her to depend on his opinions.

Shit.  So it's all Conflict;  I know that she needs him to maintain her lifestyle.  I know she likes my
different outlooks at times, and at other times I just drive her crazy for not being MORE
SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE!  I also know that in a Pissing Contest,  the man with a dick and money usually wins against the
woman without either one.
What's killing me,  is that there's no doubt in my mind who's balls are bigger,  and it pisses me off to get Punked.

Writing this helps to keep me from acting without thinking it through.

To my Buddy?  I'm sincerely sorry for any conflict that arose from this,  and am going to wait and see how YOU
deal with this, before I ever refer to it again.
 Meanwhile,  I guess you'd best prepare him for the fact that your horse is coming home:  I'm guessing that Hubs be
nowhere near as annoyed if the only horse involved was just my old nag, hehe.
Whenever you need my help, I will be there,  but preferably,  when he's not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment