Friday, August 27, 2010

I, Am Waiting

Waiting to see if what I THINK is going to happen, Happens!

What, you ask:  What do I think is going to happen?

(Actually it's a bunch of stuff:  from a Today's Visit from my own Son...  to a complete economic and social breakdown of our society hehe)

Muwaa, ha ha.
The world is a very strange place, and so are most of the folks living in it.
  (I'm one of the Weirder,  for I genuinely think about, and react to,  ALL this junk that everyone else
thinks about, reluctantly)

I watch Movies.  I read Books.  (Reverse that Order please,  I read much more than I watch)
 What really gets me?  Is that once again,  I'm Reading, on the Internet.  The world's biggest library .
It's more than email.  It's MUCH more than facebook!  It's even more than Blogging.. (which I still believe in as THE way to actually 'connect' with anyone else on the 'Net.)

I see the death of Real Communication happening, mostly as a result of the Instant Gratification that all our social networks have enabled.
I see people becoming more and more Narrcisistic,  while they become more and more alone, and Lonely.

I see reliance on SpellCheck programs,  and less emphasis on learning  the basic rules of communicating with each other.
I see people doing their main Communicating in 140 letters-or-less,  while Tweeting.  On Twitter. Or
NewsFeeding/Commenting on facebook.  (God Bless the Smiley Faces, eh?)

I See FAMILIES..  that haven't talked to each other for so long that they wouldn't even recognize each other's Real Voices.  Yet they can be facebook 'friends',  YAY!!!

Where does this ultimately end up?
Truth:  Wherever the fuck your Comfort Level allows it to be,  say yeah.  Hall-ee-fuckin-YOU-ya!

So I keep waiting.  Keep Writing.  I'm happy to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment