
Excuse me, while I rant. Again. Sort of like I already did, 147 times, in my 1st Clueless blog.
New Rant Reason # 1
I'm back on the Internet. That's a good reason-to-rant right there, for the Internet is just stuffed full of things that catch my attention, usually in an annoying sort of way.
There's bad news, and worse news, and OMG altogether CLUELESS news from every front:
National, International, and Local (to wherever the hell YOU live).
Things that can scare you 1/2 to death. Things that make you shake your head and wonder just how our species has survived this long..
Not to mention wondering about how we're planning to survive this week, this month, or this year.
Politically, Socially, Morally, and Accountability-wise, how do ANY of us explain to ourselves or our loved ones just how we all sat around Grooving while it got this bad?
I live in America, where I was raised to believe that we were a Democracy. I registered to Vote at 18 yrs of age, even before I got a driver's license. (I was a bit slow.. getting my license)
I voted in the next 1/2 dozen Presidential Elections, and in a fair number of State or Local Elections.
I started to Notice..
That my vote wasn't making a hell of a lot of Difference. Things were going on the way they go, and I wasn't really changing anything.
I felt a little Cheated.. and a lot Stupid.
I lived my own dichotomy, for at the same time my Patriotic side said 'Vote!', I was also growing up as a SoCal HardCore Hippie Chick, wearing tie-dyes and going barefoot, practicing Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll, and mostly,
mainly,
always!
Questioning Authority.
Years went by, I became a peaceful Farmer/Animal Trainer, yet I grew more and more to feel like a hypocrite.
I was.
So being Me, I decided the best way to Deal with this hypocrisy was to just mostly ignore it. So I did.
And it was mostly, usually, Good For Me.
(I think I just decided to make this blog as a place to put the other 146 Reasons I'm Still Clueless. One at a time.
Ask me why I was mad when I started this post: It had to do with a 1990 movie called 'Wild Heart'.

No comments:
Post a Comment